• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outgoing call, other party cant hear you

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmichael

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Good day everyone. Just wanted to ask some adviced if anyone has encountered this problem.

When using snom 320 VoIP to call, the other party can't hear you, either calling local extension, external phone or mobile but you can hear them.

Incoming call is normal, you can hear the calling party and they can hear you.

Has any of you guys had this problem before, please share some advice.

Any advice is appreciated and thanks in advanced.

Is it just one set, or a number of the same make/model having the issue? Do other types of sets work correctly?

I'm assuming that this is a local set and not a remote.

Hi leejor,

Thanks for the reply.

We only have 4 set of Snom 320 and all do have the same problem after firmware update to 8.7.3.7.

All are located locally.

We've managed to provision them properly, connection, extension, calling in, etc. and only calling out is having an issue.

Did i miss some codec setting or something?

Please advice, thank you.

I had a similar problem and on the server under extentions/other try checking pbx handles voice. It fixed it for me.

Is this you?
http://forum.snom.com/index.php?showtopic=10204

If not, then someone else is having the same issue?

If the "PBX delivers audio" option works for you, great, but it should not be required. It was my understanding that , and I'm not sure if it is still the case with recent 3CX versions, any gateway/trunks calls audio went through 3CX as a default no matter what the audio setting.

There is obviously something else that has changed in the firmware, you have applied to the set.

@Cynthia, thanks for the suggestion but would you kindly direct me where could i find the settings for this "pbx handles voice", is it on web interface of the phone or the 3cx? Sorry, i haven't touch settings for web interface of the phone nor 3cx settings for more than a year, since the server was up and stable we just leave it as it is.

@leejor, thanks for your reply too and yes that was my post too.

Yes, i would agree, it must be the firmware version that mess the connection on the 3cx v8 because previously it was fine.

Now, what my plans are either downgrade firmware or upgrade to the most recent version but i'm getting skeptical as i've seen several post on the web that downgrading firmware may even mess the whole thing nor upgrading to the most recent as it may also require a latest version of 3cx.

I'll update this post once i found something new. I appreciate both on taking time to reply and also to people who read this thread, thanks.

@Cynthia, though the phone conversation quality is not that good but it did fix my problem.

And I also found the setting to under the extension page of 3CX.

Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WarwickHope
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.