Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outgoing call problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mgta, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgta

Hi!

I have a problem with outgoing calls. I use voip provider, a can call the PBX, but if I call a number, wich is not a voip number it says "canceled"

In the log:

407 proxy fail?

Where can I setting this? In PBX? Or in the IP-Phones? Somewhere is see, it must setting re-authentication or re-invite.

2. mgta

The log file:

3. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Your VOIP Provider settings are incorrect to intelekom.hu

They want a proxy authentication. As I am not familiar with them then you may have to call them to get the correct settings they need. Some providers give you a user name and an authentication id but arent clear which one you use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mgta

But if the setting is not correct, then how can i call example from a mobile, the PBX?

5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Some providers will allow you to receive calls without authentication, as it is incoming and not costing any money. But placing a call means they bill you so have to ensure you authorized that call.

The log clearly states Proxy authentication is required by 91.199.72.2 and that is their server (I looked it up).

They want some information you are not providing, so either you didnt enter it or you mistyped it (though that usually means a failure code not a missing authentication code). See their documentation or call them for the information. It can only be a username, password or in some cases your ip address.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mgta

Thanks for advice, i will call him.

7. mgta

But, if a sett an xlite with same id und pass i can call other number (gsm), which is sing in the same firewall ip.
    He said the problems is in the 3cx settings

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are they not able to give you more information on what it is that they don't like when you place a call from 3CX? If they won't help you may have to use Wireshark and compare a working call (x-lite) and a non-working call to the same number (3CX).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.