• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outgoing Call via SKYPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

akeker

Reaction score
Hi, Everyone

I have problem that I don't know how to make an outgoing call via 3CX phone. I've successed configuration PSTN for Skype Gateway. I see the status 3CX Gateway for Skype turn on Green. In the outbound rule; please help me review in the attached image. In the 3CX Phone, I push prefix 0 then followed with the number that I want to call which is +66865880676.

So I don't know how to push digits to call out. Please help me on this.

Attachments

• OutBound-Rule.jpg
    OutBound-Rule.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 742
  • Monitor-Skype.jpg
    Monitor-Skype.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 741
remove the "Calls from Extension Group" (Management) and all should be ok.

I'm assuming that you now have some Skype credits for calls to landlines (and not just other Skype users).

You will probably want to strip one digit (the zero). I don't make Skype calls to "real" numbers so I'm not sure if there is a requirement for a prefix, or the format of an international number sent to them. If they do require a prefix of some sort , you can add that in the "Prepend" field.

Make the changes then try a call. If it fails then have a look at the 3CX log to see where the call went and what digits are being sent out. You may need to do some tweaking to handle all types (lengths) of numbers.

If you still have issues, then post a 3CX log (here) of a failed call.

For calling regular Skype accounts you need an outbound rule for numbers starting with:
Code:
a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z

For calling regular numbers via skype account, you need to have skype credit and to call numbers in international format like 0066865880676 (if '00' is your standard international dialing prefix, this is '011' in the States). Dialing '00' is safe with Skype.

To use '+' as international dialing prefix, you need to define the international prefix (i.e. '00' or '011') in your 3CX PhoneSystem under 'Settings|Advanced'. Then you can use that outbound rule with '0' and dial a number starting with '+' (the '+' is replaced to '00' or '011', if not replaced by SIP client).

Regards

Thanks so much. Now, I can call out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.