outgoing call with unregistered extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by miro, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miro

Hi,

i was changing some config on my 3cx, and after restarting 3cx services i noticed that i can make ougoting call with my extension which was not registerd in that time. When i tried call back to that extension i get voice mail prompt. is that normal that unregisterd extension can make outgoing call?

2. paul.hadley

paul.hadley New Member

I think it depends on the phone settings, they can be set to allow calls to be made without a registration so long as the credentials, extension number and password are correct.

As regards receiving calls, 3CX needs a registration to pass the call on to the right end point so without one, if your forwarding rules are to voice mail this would be correct.

3. miro

Is there any way to restrict that kind of calls in 3cx, when unregistered eyxtension try outgonig call with correct credentials?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not clear on why you would want to. The fact that the extension is unregistered indicates a problem with the set (settings?) or your network.

Your question should be...why is the extension not registering?

The fact that it is able to make a call tells me that someone with knowledge of the PBX has programmed the set with the correct password, something that should be complicated enough for someone to just, guess.

Any extension can have restrictions applied in the extension settings, if you know which one you wish to restrict. Any "outside" extension can also be restricted, but once again, this is applied "per extension number".

Some VoIP sets and ATA's offer an option to dis-allow calls unless the set is registered. You may want to investigate this option, if you feel this sort of thing is going to cause a problem.

Personally, I would concentrate on why the set isn't registering.

5. paul.hadley

paul.hadley New Member

Make no sense having an unregistered extension, you need it registered to receive calls.

Dial plans allow you restrict what extensions can do, if you don't want certain extensions to be able to make certain calls, use the dial plan to only include extensions that can use that type of call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.