Outgoing Caller ID - Using External SNDDI on ISDN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stephenlord, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephenlord

Good Afternoon,

I have a 3CX system 4 SC Pro using a Beronet ISDN gateway with 4 channels (2 x ISDN with 2 channels each).
    The main number on this line is a new number. Our historical number for which we want to be our outgoing caller id has now been moved from the old telephone line to the new ISDN as a Single Number DDI.
    Is it possible to set 3CX and Beronet gateway to use this SNDDI as the outgoing caller ID rather than the main number on the line?
    If so, where and how do I set this up?
    I did follow this guide however it did not seem to have any effect (http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/isdn-caller-id/).
    If the above should work I will re-follow the guide and post the log.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards
    Stephen Lord

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have to assume that you are using a BRI (Basic Rate Interface 2B+D) gateway as opposed to a PRI ((Primary rate interface 23B+D) gateway. If that is the case, then you may not be able to change the outgoing number. Check with your provider to see if this is possible. Some providers, or even counties, prohibit changing outgoing numbers to anything other than one that they have assigned you, even if it is technically possible.

3. stephenlord

Good Morning,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, it is the BFSB2SO BRI model.
    I will contact the line provider.
    Thanks again.

Kind Regards
    Stephen Lord

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.