Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outgoing caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by buster1075, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buster1075

Hi,

We have an issue with a phone system that we have put in to replace an older style system. The old system had 3 ISDN2 lines connected to it and it was serving two buildings. The issue we are having is that two of these ISDN connections were for one building and the remaining ISDN line was for the other. We connected all three up to a Patton gateway but we can only broadcast the caller ID's from whichever line it chooses to send out through, most of the time being one of the first two ISDN's.

Basically I am asking if there is any way to direct the calls from certain extensions out through a specific line on the Patton gateway or if we would need to put in an additional gateway for the other ISDN which of course was not in the additional quote.

As usual the client is focussing on the fact that their old system was able to do this.

Thanks in Advance

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

To do this, your gateway would have to be capable of creating a separate trunk group for each line (number), not one trunk group that contains all lines, as I'm assuming it is now. I'm not familiar with that gateway so I'm not sure if that can be done.

You would then have to create new outbound rules, specific to groups, or individual extensions, pointing to these trunks.

3. buster1075

Hi,

I am sure I nearly got this working.

The model of the Patton is SN4638

When you add the Patton box to the 3cx system it give you 4 lines of which we are using 3. It displays them as 10000, 10001, 10002 and 10003. In the properties of each line there is an Authentication ID which is the number of the line i.e. 10000 and an Authentication password.

I could not find any way to point specific extensions to these numbers, all you seem to be able to do is point them at the individual gateway. If there is a way you can tell me how to do this that might solve my issues.

Anyway, the way I almost resolved it was to add a second Patton gateway with the same details on the 3cx system and I changed the details of 10002 on the first gateway so they were wrong and put the 10002 details in to the second gateway
    which appeared to work at first but it seemed to confuse the system a bit.

Any ideas?

Thanks & Regards

4. efounco

efounco New Member

I'm not 100% positive, but I think you can specify outgoing trunks per extension groups in the outbound rules. For instance, you can create a group called "Trunk1" and assign user extensions to it. Then, create an outbound rule for port id 1000 assigned to the "Trunk1" group. Each trunk could have a different Caller ID if you wanted...

5. efounco

efounco New Member

Another quick and dirty option is to just specify the Caller ID number in extension/other. This should overwrite the trunk's Caller ID.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not having used that device before, I'm going to make some assumptions, perhaps incorrectly. The first being that an outgoing call on 10000 will always use present to the caller, the same PSTN number. Again... a call made using 10001 will always show the PSTN number associated with it. If this isn't the case, then this isn't going to work.

If you've put in the Gateway with four trunks 10000 to 10003, then you have given each a unique name in 3CX, such as trunk1,2,3,4 or ISDN4155551212, ISDN4155551234, ISDN4155553333, etc.. These would be the trunk names you use in your outbound rules.
    As an example (I have no idea what your dialling plan is like...You want ext 201 to dial 94152221234, strip one digit and go out on ISDN4155551212 (trunk). You have to specify, in the outbound rules which extensions can use that rule. If you leave that blank, then any extension can. You can create identical rules that are assigned to specific extensions. that will allow the same digits to be dialled by different extensions yet go out on different trunks.

Keep in mind that, as I said, this will only work if the caller ID follows the trunks the call goes out on.

7. buster1075

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback. See below what I had to do to get it to work.

The issue I was having was that two of the ISDN lines had an associated group of DDI's and the other ISDN line had its own DDI group. So inserting the caller ID in to the "Other" box was no good, I could use any DDI that was in the first group of DDI's but none from the second group would work.

I did however insert the DDI that I wanted to display in to the "Other" option and then I had to do some configuring on the Patton box to direct any calls made with the "FROM" field as "<DDI-Number>" out through the third ISDN line and to direct any other calls out through the deafault of the first two ISDN's

I hope that made sense as I am not sure it does to me but it's working :p.

Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.