Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outgoing Calls - Error Forbidden

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by superlative, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superlative

Hi.

I have setup 3CX phone system in a virtual machine.
    I have created two extensions. Extension 10 and extension 50.

I have registered one on my iPhone, and one on my laptop with the 3CXPhone for Windows application.

If I try to type an extension to call from one to another like dialing extension 10 I get a "forbidden".

I am not on the local lan. I am connecting via the external IP, and there is no firewall turned on.
    If I log in to the admin, I went to Settings > Advanced and made sure the SIP has the external IP.

I have checked both extensions and they both I have removed the "no external access to pbx" so that access is allowed.

However regardless of what is dialed I get a forbidden.

The server log shows:

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi, you'd need to set the Local SIP Domain to the external FQDN used in the incoming invites : pbx.unitedcinemas.com.au

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. superlative

Thanks Piere.

I changed the server on Settings > Advanced to have the SIP as the external IP rather than pbx.domain.com set.
    Then on the remote computer with the 3CXPhone handset software, I set to connect with the IP in OUT OF OFFICE and it works. connected. Can dial extensions etc.

When I setup on the iphone, I can not get it connected.

It goes to "connecting out of office", and then a few seconds later reverts to "not registered" on the screen, and then goes back in a loop trying to connect again.

What is the cause here do you think?

Any help appreciated?

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi,
    Is the iphone connecting through wifi or 3g ? if 3g you could meet problems due to mobile provider restrictions.
    Did you configure HTTPS during setup wizard of the 3CX Phone System or HTTP only ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.