Outgoing Calls - Error Forbidden

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by superlative, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superlative

Hi.

I have setup 3CX phone system in a virtual machine.
    I have created two extensions. Extension 10 and extension 50.

I have registered one on my iPhone, and one on my laptop with the 3CXPhone for Windows application.

If I try to type an extension to call from one to another like dialing extension 10 I get a "forbidden".

I am not on the local lan. I am connecting via the external IP, and there is no firewall turned on.
    If I log in to the admin, I went to Settings > Advanced and made sure the SIP has the external IP.

I have checked both extensions and they both I have removed the "no external access to pbx" so that access is allowed.

However regardless of what is dialed I get a forbidden.

The server log shows:

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi, you'd need to set the Local SIP Domain to the external FQDN used in the incoming invites : pbx.unitedcinemas.com.au

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. superlative

Thanks Piere.

I changed the server on Settings > Advanced to have the SIP as the external IP rather than pbx.domain.com set.
    Then on the remote computer with the 3CXPhone handset software, I set to connect with the IP in OUT OF OFFICE and it works. connected. Can dial extensions etc.

When I setup on the iphone, I can not get it connected.

It goes to "connecting out of office", and then a few seconds later reverts to "not registered" on the screen, and then goes back in a loop trying to connect again.

What is the cause here do you think?

Any help appreciated?

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi,
    Is the iphone connecting through wifi or 3g ? if 3g you could meet problems due to mobile provider restrictions.
    Did you configure HTTPS during setup wizard of the 3CX Phone System or HTTP only ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.