• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outgoing calls forbidden

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd2018

Reaction score
I can receive calls but cannot make outgoing ones.
I am using the android client and in the client I get an error saying the call is forbidden.
In the logs I get the following:
01/18/2018 1:29:07 PM - Call to T:Line:10000>>01133720038@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060] from L:35.1[Extn:001] failed, cause: Cause: 403 Forbidden (check from field)/INVITE from 217.10.79.23:5060
01/18/2018 1:29:07 PM - [CM503003]: Call(C:35): Call to <sip:[email protected]:5060> has failed; Cause: 403 Forbidden (check from field)/INVITE from 217.10.79.23:5060

Is the android client registered to your 3CX System ? is it provisioned ?

Have you checked with your VoIP provider (sipgate) they maybe rejecting the INVITE also.

Yes it is registered. and I can receive calls. I have tested the sipgate account using another soft phone and can make and receive calls.

If other phones are able to place calls to that number, and the 3CX logs shows exactly the same number being sent to the provider, then I suspect that the caller Id being sent by the failing extension should be checked. It may be that you are sending an invalid caller ID, from your providers (or perhaps even the called parties) perspective, causing them to reject the call. Are you able to call other numbers from the failing extension?

I haven't managed to call any numbers from the extension. I changed the Host part of the From field to the IP of sipgate but it hasn't made any difference

Does that extension have an outbound caller ID datafilled, in the 3CX extension settings? Were any manual changes made to the App, that might affect the outbound caller ID?

If you reach a dead end, then, as suggested, contact your provider, as they should be able to tell you exactly why the call is being rejected.

I'm assuming that the option to allow outside calls from that extension is set.

Is the server on a windows 10 box, we just had a windows 10 machine do a bunch of updates and it bricked all outgoing calls, we restored the 3cx backup to a linux box and now its working fine again.

Better use a Windows server OS or Linux (Debian 9).
I don't recommend using desktop OS like Windows 10 in production environment.

It is on a windows server 2008

Better use a Windows server OS or Linux (Debian 9).
I don't recommend using desktop OS like Windows 10 in production environment.

As i said in the other thread you replied to, This pre-dated our switch to using linux for all the builds for our clients.

I am beginning to wonder if this is being caused by the OS Updates that patch the Meltdown and Spectre flaws in the CPUs. Reportedly they changed a lot of how the kernel handles process execution. And they did note that some software may have adverse reactions to it.

Just want to confirm... can any extensions place outgoing calls? Was something changed, either an update, or hardware, just before this began?

Earlier you said...

"I have tested the sipgate account using another soft phone and can make and receive calls."

Was this with another 3CX extension, or a device registered directly to the provider? That was never clarified.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.