• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outgoing Calls from GXW4104

Status
Not open for further replies.

alinvictor

Reaction score
Hi,
I am verry new to this and I am looking to find out if I can an outbound rule to make calls using a specific FXO port I like. Let say I have on FXO1 verizon for wich I would like to make all local calls. FXO2 i have a long distance company and all long distance using the rule I create will be diled using that line. FXO3 another carier for internationals. FXO4 a carrier for my fax calls. At this time I can receive calls on any line and is working fine but all the calls I made are going to FXO4

Thanks,
Alinvictor :?: :?:

I am having that same problem.... Did you ever get it solved?

Did the link to the older post, in your previous post, not work for you?

leejor said:
Did the link to the older post, in your previous post, not work for you?

No it didn't whats happening is when i set up the gateway and set up the ports individually i then tell 3cx what line to use to route certain calls it stills does what it wants. i have a gsm gateway routed to port 2 and a pots line (from provider) in port 1. Say for eg i tell 3CX all calls with prefix 729 send it via port one it sends it through the line thats in port 2 its driving me nuts. I am doing that so by the prefix i can route the call on a line that would cost the less but i just cant get it to work.

Post a log of the call, XX out the last four or five digits of the number. The log should show how (why) it's routing as it is.

Did you set it up as four individual trunks (gateways) or are you choosing the ports with a prefix? Both methods were mentioned in the post link in the other thread.

Well there is a way to split the device to make the device PBX think that there are multiple PSTN devices for each port. Im not sure if this will work with the 4104, but will be interesting to see if you do manage to tweak this little guide into making it work for your 4104. Same principals apply. This guide is for a patton model, and is not exactly a recommended or supported scenario by 3cx but none the less try it out and see how you go.

1. Upload the Config to the Device.
2. DELETE the Device from the 3CX Console > PSTN Devices
3. Go to 3CX Console > Settings > Provisioning templates > Patton model in question (Firmware R5.x) > Press Edit.
4. Search for "NumberOfLines" and replace the value of "4" to "1"
5. Press OK then press OK then press YES.
6. Click "Add PSTN Gateway"
7. You will now need to follow http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/patton-smartnode.html and repeat this twice, once for each port. When presented with the port number "5060", leave this as is for the first port and set to "5062" for the second port, "5064" for the third port and "5066" for the forth port.
8. You may wish to revert the change made in steps 3 and 4 above to avoid complications in the future.
9. You can now setup your outbound rules to address each port individually.

Thats basically what i am doing grrrrrrrrrr. its still sending the calls out to the second line. how do i post pics of the config settings? Below is the log I get for that call

06:43:43.625 [CM503008]: Call(15): Call is terminated
06:43:19.390 [CM503007]: Call(15): Device joined: sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp
06:43:19.375 [CM503007]: Call(15): Device joined: sip:[email protected]:50665;rinstance=2c479c4231e50a2e
06:43:19.375 [CM505002]: Gateway:[Lime Line] Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [Grandstream GXW4104 (HW 1.1, Ch:8) 1.3.1.6] PBX contact: [sip:[email protected]:5060]
06:43:19.375 [CM503002]: Call(15): Alerting sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp
06:43:17.328 [CM503025]: Call(15): Calling PSTNline:5823498@(Ln.10000@Lime Line)@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp]
06:43:17.265 [CM503004]: Call(15): Route 1: PSTNline:5823498@(Ln.10000@Lime Line)@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp]
06:43:17.265 [CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:[email protected]:5060>
06:43:17.265 [CM505001]: Ext.103: Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [3CXVoipPhone 4.0.9878.0] PBX contact: [sip:[email protected]:5060]
06:43:17.265 [CM503001]: Call(15): Incoming call from Ext.103 to <sip:[email protected]:5060>

The issue is due to their (Grandstream) built-in round robin load balancing idea (BAD). They are aware of it and they (we) are working on it with them before our exchange pile becomes higher than our building.

Similar problem here: I installed a new 3CX platform with GXW4104. I'm using only FXO port (for now).
I am able to receive calls, routed to the Digital Receptionist as I configured.
However, not able to make any outbound calls. Starting with a simple outbound rule for local calls, I set the Call to numbers starting with prefix = 9 (I want to use dial 9-outside line). Calls to number with lenth = 8. Route1 is set to the Granstream and strip digits =1. When the call is placed, I see in the server activity log:
Calling PSTNline:localnumber@(Ln.10001@Granstream_GXW4010)....etc but times out. Error 408
I addition see in the Event Log "Call to localnumber@..... UNKNOWN_TRANSPORT.....

I've read everything I can find (and understand) online. Anything I might have missed?

Thanks

enovative -

Not sure where you are located (country), so am uncertain of requirements for rule.
How many digits actually make up a phone number where you are located? Regardless, and as a test, eliminate the 8 digit rule length and then try. If you have a 9 to point to the trunk and then strip 1 digit, the system when it passes along the call will merely remove the 9 such that it looks like a regular PSTN call to the carrier. From there you can refine the rule to better suit your needs. I assume that you may be using the 8 to restrict to local calls.

I have found that you have to configure the prefix or “prepend” in 3CX before you click finish in the 3CX wizard. I say you can not go back and add or change it around. Grand Stream tells me to add 991,992,993... To map to ch1, ch2, ch3... I want to use the round robin to just select the next line. We just have a lot of local calls we have not much need to dial anything other than xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxx-xxxx so one rule I would think should cover us. I just can’t get access to all 8 lines or ports with just one rule with 3 routes. I guess setting up some dial codes or groups of extensions would work by splitting the gateway in to something like GW01 for ch1-ch3, GW02 for Ch4-Ch6….. Then use 1#, add rule for #’s that starts with 1 and strip off the 1, then do same for 2 then even 3 to get the last 2 lines but I fell that this would waste the user’s time trying to find an open line and limit the number of lines to groups. What Grand Stream said does work but I can’t see how to do it any place other than with the 3 routes in the one rule. (Look for my post on 2nd call not picking up/calls out with wrong CID).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.