• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outgoing Calls Placed with Windows 3cx don't reach voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

nintendo1889

Reaction score
On our allworx pbx connected to broadvox sip trunks, when we dial outside phones with voicemail, the phones ring ok, however when the call reaches the voicemail on the external number, there's no audio, but the call does show as active. I tested on my cell and as soon as I press End to send the call immediately to voicemail, the call shows as active. This happens on versions 4, 5.0.14900.0, and 6.

I set the codec to g.711mu to match Broadvox (USA), but this made no difference. I can open a ticket with broadvox but I believe it may be a 3cx issue, as X-Lite works correctly.

The hardware phones are not showing this behavior.

I've attached the log from 3cx, as well as the sip log from the pbx. Our main number has been replaced with MainTelephone#, the cell number I am dialing is replaced with 9NPANXXNNNN, our PBX's ip is now ip.ad.dre.ss,

Attachments

• 3cx phone debug.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 66
  • allworx-sip-messages.txt
    124.6 KB · Views: 63
Re: Outgoing Calls Placed with Windows 3cx don't reach voice

Just to be clear...

nintendo1889 said:
On our allworx pbx connected to broadvox sip trunks,

So you are using the 3CX VoIP phone through this (allworx) PBX to your VoIP provider?

nintendo1889 said:
when we dial outside phones with voicemail, the phones ring ok, however when the call reaches the voicemail on the external number, there's no audio,

So, this is only an issue when you reach someone's Voicemail? All other calls are OK?

nintendo1889 said:
I set the codec to g.711mu to match Broadvox (USA), but this made no difference.

Did you enable all possible Codecs, not just the one? A Codec is negotiated from a list of those available at each end. While this should not change mid call.....

leejor said:
Just to be clear...

nintendo1889 said:
On our allworx pbx connected to broadvox sip trunks,

So you are using the 3CX VoIP phone through this (allworx) PBX to your VoIP provider?

That's correct.

nintendo1889 said:
when we dial outside phones with voicemail, the phones ring ok, however when the call reaches the voicemail on the external number, there's no audio,

So, this is only an issue when you reach someone's Voicemail? All other calls are OK?

That's correct. All other calls are ok.

nintendo1889 said:
I set the codec to g.711mu to match Broadvox (USA), but this made no difference.

Did you enable all possible Codecs, not just the one? A Codec is negotiated from a list of those available at each end. While this should not change mid call.....

Where on 3cx can I enable all codecs? I only see options to click one, but I can't select all. On our pbx, I have all codecs enable for the profiles that pertain to the soft-phones.

On the 3cx softphone I enabled only that one.

From the Allworx (PBX) to the SIP trunk proxy (broadvox) I enabled codec negotiation for g.711mu. I will test today, but with all codecs.

If all other calls (when they answer) are working fine, and the issue is only on calls terminating to voicemail, then it would appear to be something being sent to your provider, then passed back to the phone. You could use Wireshark to see what message is being received when the voicemail answers. Perhaps it isn't a "standard" answer message.

Have you determined if this happens when you reach any voicemail? Is it the same behaviour when you call any of the mobile companies, or reach a PSTN providers voicemail?

Here is an option drop the allworx platform and switch to 3CX for your PBX!!!!
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.