Outgoing Calls Placed with Windows 3cx don't reach voicemail

Discussion in 'Windows' started by nintendo1889, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nintendo1889

On our allworx pbx connected to broadvox sip trunks, when we dial outside phones with voicemail, the phones ring ok, however when the call reaches the voicemail on the external number, there's no audio, but the call does show as active. I tested on my cell and as soon as I press End to send the call immediately to voicemail, the call shows as active. This happens on versions 4, 5.0.14900.0, and 6.

I set the codec to g.711mu to match Broadvox (USA), but this made no difference. I can open a ticket with broadvox but I believe it may be a 3cx issue, as X-Lite works correctly.

The hardware phones are not showing this behavior.

I've attached the log from 3cx, as well as the sip log from the pbx. Our main number has been replaced with MainTelephone#, the cell number I am dialing is replaced with 9NPANXXNNNN, our PBX's ip is now ip.ad.dre.ss,

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Outgoing Calls Placed with Windows 3cx don't reach voice

Just to be clear...

So you are using the 3CX VoIP phone through this (allworx) PBX to your VoIP provider?

So, this is only an issue when you reach someone's Voicemail? All other calls are OK?

Did you enable all possible Codecs, not just the one? A Codec is negotiated from a list of those available at each end. While this should not change mid call.....

3. nintendo1889

Where on 3cx can I enable all codecs? I only see options to click one, but I can't select all. On our pbx, I have all codecs enable for the profiles that pertain to the soft-phones.

On the 3cx softphone I enabled only that one.

From the Allworx (PBX) to the SIP trunk proxy (broadvox) I enabled codec negotiation for g.711mu. I will test today, but with all codecs.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If all other calls (when they answer) are working fine, and the issue is only on calls terminating to voicemail, then it would appear to be something being sent to your provider, then passed back to the phone. You could use Wireshark to see what message is being received when the voicemail answers. Perhaps it isn't a "standard" answer message.

Have you determined if this happens when you reach any voicemail? Is it the same behaviour when you call any of the mobile companies, or reach a PSTN providers voicemail?

5. bardissi

bardissi Member

Here is an option drop the allworx platform and switch to 3CX for your PBX!!!!
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.