Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outgoing calls result in non-connect

Discussion in 'Windows' started by GPope, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GPope

One of our users, using 3CX softphone for Windows XP can receive calls perfectly, but cannot call out.
    If she calls out, she only hears constant ringing.
    Tried several tests.
    User called internal extension, heard ringing
    Extension owner heard ring, answered, heard only "dead air"; for user there was no indication call was answered (keeps ringing until she hangs up)
    Repeat same test, same results, calling outside# (mobile phone number, preceded by 9)
    It's obviously not her router, as her call attempt does ring on the destination phone, & even displays caller ID details.
    I'm using a 3CX softphone on the same PBX SIP server(different extension, natch!) & can call out, receive, & transfer, all as expected.

Does this sound at all familiar to anyone?
    Any suggestions as to where to look for anomalies? &/or what to look for specifically?

ADV-thanks-ANCE,

/George

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

At this point I would not rule anything out.

I assume that this user is not on the local network but behind another router. Have you tried using the tunnel option? Is the 3CX phone set up to use STUN? Does her extension register (in the 3CX logs) with the public IP of "her" router? If it is showing her private IP, then STUN is not working properly.
    Be sure that no one else behind her router is using a device sharing the same port number (5060?) as her installation.

3. GPope

She works from her own home, as we all do, so no LAN in effect.

Like I said, we've ruled out router, as her calls(including callerID data) do get out, just 3cx doesn't let HER know this!
    And the recipient, upon answering, hears only dead air.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One way audio issues, when using remote extensions, is a common problem.
    Just because her phone can reach 3CX doesn't necessarily mean that 3CX can reach her, as you've discovered.
    Usually it is a result of either blocked ports (or a conflict), or, 3CX not having the correct information as to the remote extensions destination (IP).

But, some routers can also introduce problems.

You didn't answer my question about the use of STUN or what the (her extensions) registration log looks like, at the 3CX end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.