Outgoing calls use port 7000 thru firewall

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MatsW, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatsW

Hi,

I've just had to reinstall v11 on an XP system. It used to run fine, but after reinstalling server sw and reapplying the last backup I'm not getting any sound from external phone when I make a call from a local extension to my mobile phone.
    But when I look into my firewall I can see that the 3CX server is trying to extablish a RTP connection using a port in the range 7000-7499 which according to y configuration should "be used for Connections from PBX to local devices for calls via VOIP provicers and external extensions". This port is not opened (and should not be) in the firewall.

Why is the server suddenly using this port range and not the range for "used for Connections from PBX to VOIP providers or to external extensions" ?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Something sounds strange (pardon the pun). You can configure (to a certain extent) the port ranges that 3CX will use, in the Advanced section. The default for outside calls should be in the 9000 series.

How is the call routed to your mobile, have you tried calls to any other numbers?

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

3. MatsW

I rebooted the server and then the problem disappeaed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.