Outgoing Rule with Outgoing Caller-ID based on number dialed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joepmaas, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joepmaas

Hi All, Hope someone can help?

I have a customer that has extensive international contacts
    I have arranged local numbers for them in the countries that matter
    They want to dial out with the CID of the country dialed.
    The only way I figured out so far is to create an outgoing trunkline for each country desired, with the apporpriate outgoing CID attached to that trunkline
    The trunk provider has added the intl numer the company owns to the "allowed outgoing CID" list and could easily facilitate the use of a single multiline trunk to provide the outgoing lines with all the desired CID's (would be much cheaper)
    I cannot find a method however to change the outgoing CID of a line however, apart from having them call from a specific internal extension (where one DOES have the possibility to force a specific outgoing CID)
    Is there any method to force the out-CID based on an outgoing rule (eg when 00-32-xxx would be dialed to route to the trunk with the correct Belgian CID attached)?

TIA
    Joep Maas
    Clever Clips

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Outgoing Rule with Outgoing Caller-ID based on number di

Outbound rules , based on the number you are dialling will allow only allow selection of a trunk or trunk group, that trunk or group will have to be capable of delivering the caller ID that you want. It will either er be a fixed number, set by your provider, or a variable number based on the extension itself, if allowed by your provider. While some providers allow number spoofing I don't believe it can be changed "on-the-fly" based on the number you are dialling.

3. willow

willow Member

you can also use myphone to change your outgoing caller id, if that is an option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. joepmaas

That's correct, and is wat I am using now for the customer. But that means you need a separate trunk-ID for each country you want to serve. While many trunk-providers offer one trunk-ID with ample line capacity. It's kinda odd that you CAN inject a CID from the extension settings but not based on an outgoing rule...

I think I'll feed ideascale with this suggestion :idea:
    Thanks for thinking with me, I now know at least that I didn't miss anything :mrgreen:

5. joepmaas

That's correct, but would be the same as injecting the CID from the extension settings, and would not be based on the country-number dialed from an extension. Or would you know a way to do this from Myphone :?:

Many companies in my area (Netherlands) would easily trade with 10+ nations, and like to call their foreign customers with a local CID that can be dial-backed.

Thanks for thinking with me....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.