Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outgoing Rule

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jfrederick, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfrederick

Hey Guys I am New to the 3cx System. I have already read the manual however i got one little issue. I have setup my grandstream 4104 Gateway with 3 lines. I can receive calls but i cant quite get my hands on the outgoing bit. lets say a number has seven digits e.g 498-4277 is there anyway I can just allow certain users to just pick up the phone and just dial the number without having to press 1 or 9? I would just like them to pick up the phone and dial. Thanks for any help i receive.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can, it takes a bit more work (and maybe some trial and error), you still need to create an outbound rule(s) to accommodate what they are dialling. If the first digit dialled can be anything from 2 to 9 and they are all 7 digits in length then you need to create rules that will route those numbers. Be sure to change the delete digit 1 (default setting in the outbound rules) to a 0 or it will strip off the first digit before sending out. That's why it makes things a lot simpler to use access numbers, especially if you have different length numbers for local and long distance or more than one outgoing trunk and you want to be able to manually (with a different prefix) select the route. You are also able to restrict (or allow) certain extension from using outbound rules. There is a place to enter the extension numbers, or a range, that the particular rule applies to.

3. jfrederick

Thank you so much

4. jfrederick

One more thing how do i specify which port on the gateway the calls go out on?

Thank You so much for your help guys

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That would depend on what make gateway you are using. I've seen various methods on the forums. Some use a prefix that is prepended to the number.

6. jfrederick

I am using A Grandstream GXW4104.

Thank You

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

See the little search box in the upper right corner? It came up with this post from a while back.
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/spliting-a-4-port-gateway-in-3cx-9614.html#p54800

8. jfrederick

Lol I see it I just maybe searched for the wrong thing. So basically i should Add the Gateway four times Ok I will Try that

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You have to get really specific, or , like Google, you'll come up with, many more hits than you know what to do with. Much of the "heavy lifting" on common SIP devices has been dealt with in the past, it's just a matter of finding it.

10. jfrederick

Thanks for your help.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.