Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outgoinjg calls and call recording

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by haywardi, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haywardi

This is probably a very silly question, but I've just been trying to find an answer using search and can't (well OK it returned so many wrong answers I stopped looking :)

Anyway, I've been using 3cx now really successfully now for over a year and the other day I needed to check a voice recording. I thought simplicity as I've checked call recording before. Simply search the recordings directory for the number dialled and hay presto all the recording appear.

WRONG, the call I needed to hear was an OUTGOING CALL and my usual search didn't work as the file name didn't contain the number dialled, just the date and time the call was made along with the words '[makecall] xxxxxxxxxxx'.

I managed to find it only by listening to every outbound call on that day (a very boring task).

Can the voice recording function be set to put the number dialled into the filename to make searching easier? If so how?

Many thanks in advance.

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

You can use web reporter to search and listen for recorded calls. Generate Call Logs filtered by your needs and press Play from the web browser.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

3CX Web Reports (in version 11), enables you to use more criteria to search for the call that you want using caller and/or extension information, as well as date, time, call direction etc. A recorded call will show as a link in the right-most column of the records that appear as a result of the search, and you can use that link to download the recording to your own desktop and play it with your installed media-player.

You can search using the Microsoft tools on the recordings folder, but the Web Reports do make it so much easier - and accessible from pretty much anywhere ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.