Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outlook 2007 Integration Not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cbongard, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbongard

I am new to 3CX and we are planning on using the product at one of our new offices. In the meantime, we are testing the product before we "ship" it out to the new office.

I was able to install, configure and use the MyPhone app, Outlook Integration, and 3CXPhone on MY laptop, but my boss receives an error message when attempting to "Call Contact using 3CX".

We are on the latest service pack and have both updated our MyPhone and Outlook Integration components.

I am running Win 7 64-bit and Office 2010. My boss is running Win 7 64-bit and Office 2007.

The error message he receives when "Calling a contact using 3cx" is: Error requesting outbound call to number xxx-xxx-xxxx Could not connect to Microsoft Outlook Plug-in at CRM Integration module. I have also looked at the 3cx log files on his machine and noticed that there is an error message of "Com object not found". He has removed all three of the applications, rebooted, and reinstalled, but he still receives the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

have you checked this blog post yet? http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/troubleshooting-3cx-myphone-features-not-working/

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cbongard

Ha, I did not see that blog post. I will forward this information to my boss and let you know if I have any other questions.
    Thank you!
    Chris

4. cbongard

My boss followed the blog post and sure enough, it was the COM objects. My boss resolved the COM objects, reinstalled 3CX MyPhone and 3cxphone on his laptop and he can now call OUT of Outlook.

But, the contact records are not popping up when a call comes in. Again, this works OK on my machine.

Any ideas there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.