outlook and myphone **OUTLOOK COMIN SOON

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hendrickx, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hendrickx

Hello,

Is there a workarround to install the outlook plugin from myphone?
    When I click on install in myphone nothing happens.
    So when someone call I get no popup. ( loved this feature )

Regards
    Patrick

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Re: outlook and myphone

Did you install myphone as an application? Right click on it and select "Install as application". Then run it from the desktop icon. This is probably needed for permissions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hendrickx

If you not install as an application the install button is unvisible.
    So it's installed. UAC is disabled, so permissions are not needed.

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

The beta notes said this function is not ready yet

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

YEs - it is important to read the beta notes because there are features which are not implemented yet.

Basically nearly all the features that require a local installation and communication with com objects in windows are not implemented yet.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

An update for you on this so you are informed.

A browser cannot communicate directly with Windows for security purposes. So for features like popups, minimize to sys tray , hotkeys and outlook integration we need to install locally.

Not only this.. Install locally is not enough. We need to install locally and in the sandbox register com components to talk to windows internal sys.

So what we are doing at the moment is we are creating a tool that a) When install locally checks for framework 4 on the client machine. If not present we open a link for download. If present we install locally and register COM object component that will allow us to communicate with windows. Through this we can achieve the added features like outlook integration and hotkeys etc etc. Currently work in progress.

Thank you all for the feedback.

7. o.mascia

You're talking of the TAPI provider here?
    I depend on it to exist in V10 (and depend on some of its obvious V9 bugs to be fixed).

We get no events on calls being put on hold for instance. Could this be checked for feasibility?
    On some phones (seen with Linksys SPA-921), we sometimes get two distinct calls notifications on incoming calls. Often both send disconnected events when terminated. Sometimes, only one of them, leaving one zombie call object.
    In all these situations, the popups from Assistant V9 are correct. Only the relay of these to listening TAPI applications seem a bit bumpy.

Thanks a lot,

8. jcasares

Hi Nicky!

Just upgraded to v10 and maybe you can help with this. It seems not evident how I can move the application to the system try. If I close it, it effectively closes the app, and minimizing it moves it to the task bar. How can I have it in the system try?

I will bring more questions when I start to use it on a daily basis.

9. nbailey

nbailey Member

This feature is not available yet. But it will be at a later date, keep an eye on the forums/blog for when it is available.

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Silverlight does not support minimize to system tray natively so we have to do this ourselves. This is why certain "Basic" features are not done yet - because we have to develop them ourselves. Hence they take more time to ship out to users.

This is coming soon - we are working on it at the moment. We think that the next update we will ship will have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.