• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outlook Contact Lookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonknight

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi

Sorry is this is repititive but am I right in saying that the VOIP client cannot, as yet, look up contacts in Outlook for incoming calls? Please correct me and tell me how if I am wrong.

If not, what are the plans on this? Is it possible to point me in the direction of a 3rd party add-on that someone has tried that would bridge the gap?

Cheers
Simon

While this feature would indeed be very cool, this would have to be an additional plug-in or external program from the 3CX Client. The programming itself is fairly easy to implement it's just that the 3CX client does not yet expose or support all features of the Microsoft TAPI provider.

I would especially like to see more compliance with the TAPI API (yes, that was redundant).

Hi

As I mentioned I'm using the softphone VOIP client and I agree that it doesn't expose the TAPI events as I would expect. I tried two different TAPI monitoring tools and neither if them did a thing when the incoming call hit the soft client. In fact all I've manage to achieve so far is to stop the softclient from screen popping correctly :cry:

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.