Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outlook Contacts and 3CX Caller ID issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Eli55, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eli55

Hello,

We have a custom crm that syncs with Outlook, which then sends contacts to G Suite, which then Google syncs it with 3CX Softphone. Outlook 2016 formats phone numbers in "(xxx) xxx-xxx" format and there is no way to change it.

I tried the following caller id rule:
    +1(...)(...)(....) to (\1) \2-\3

The caller id in 3cx is showing as (xxx)%20xxx-xxxx. Because of the %20, the caller id does not work.

How can i make the caller id show the "(xxx) xxx-xxxx" without %20 instead of the space? Can you please create a small fix for this issue?

Thanks in advance

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not completely clear on the scenario. Are you talking about incoming caller ID and matching to name stored in a directory (as there is reference to incoming CID formatting). Or outbound CID?

In any case, the issue would seem to be the space, as stored in the number.

3. Eli55

The space is the issue, correct. It is stored in the number and there is no way to disable it in outlook anymore. Just need to have the softphone show the space correctly, otherwise it doesnt match contacts to phone numbers.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, just so I'm clear, the number stored in the phones directory, have a space. The incoming caller ID has a space inserted by your incoming CID rules to attempt a match. The space inserted by the rules is showing as %20. Is that correct? The assumption is that the (Android?/Windows?/iOS?) softphone properly display a space in CID

How does CID show on a desk set?
    If you don't put in the space, i assume that there is no match?

5. Eli55

You are correct. We don't really use desk sets, only softphones for windows. I do have a couple of yealinks i can test with, ill update the thread.

6. Eli55

See attached. It should be space but it is showing %20. Doesn't match with the contact because of this. Works in the calllog view though.

Attached Files:

• 3cx.JPG
      3cx.JPG
      File size:
      23.7 KB
      Views:
  7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3CX would have to test to see if this can be replicated on another set-up. If a space in the CID causes the %20 to appear in all cases, could an update be made to the softphone, to compensate, without affecting anything else

8. Eli55

It is the same issue on every machine we use

9. Sophia

Hi, I have the same problem. We use the 3CX windows client. Since one week clicking on any number with blank space it ends up that the blank space becomes no. 20.
    Example: Clicking on 089 4788 54 ends up with 0892047882054.

What can I do?

Thank you,
    Sophia

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would suggest putting in a feature request in the Ideas forum, that allows the use of a space in stored numbers.

11. Sophia

Thank you leejor,
    I don't need the spaces, I just want the number without the "20" so I can call the right number :)

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The original issue had to do with spaces, in numbers in stored directories, adding the extra digits. As your stored numbers have spaces, there has to be a change in how 3CX handles them.

13. Eli55

Any update? Would love to see this bug fixed soon, it is a simple fix.

14. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you contact 3CX directly, or make a suggestion in the Ideas forum? I don't see it changing otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.