• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outlook dialling with the Assistant and international prefix

Status
Not open for further replies.

meppy

Reaction score
When dialling numbers from Outlook that have the international prefix (e.g. +61 for Australia) the numbers are not dialled correctly as the + is stripped. Ideally the + and country code should be stripped if it's the local country and then 0 added for the area. If it's international then it should be dialled as is. I cannot just prefix all calls with the international dialling number as not all numbers will be formatted this way.

I have used other systems to dial from Outlook and they all have rules to configure this and work well, is this something hidden somewhere I have not discovered? If not what is the roadmap for getting that resolved if at all? Kinda makes the Outlook assistant useless for outbound calling as it is unfortunately.

Re: Outlook dialling with the Assistant and international pr

OK worked out the solution. I use the standard Call menu option instead of the 3CX menu and it works well although one extra click required.

I did have to do this to get it to work though:

1. Add the following key to the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Call Integration
2. Add a dword-value: TAPIOVERRIDE and set it to 1
3. Restart Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.