Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outlook Integration Error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chris.pickering, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris.pickering

Hello and thanks in advance for any help here. I am wondering if anyone has seen anything like this description before?

I have configured 3CX assistant with the plug in for Outlook. Incoming calls activate the screen pop from Outlook to create a new contact for each incoming call.
    I can open and create a new contact. However, a subsequent call from a caller who has been entered in the contact database causes an error from outlook.

A separate window pops up and informs: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'"

There is a check box to allow access for 1, 2, 5, or 10 minutes, or choose Yes, No, Help.

If I leave the check box empty and choose YES, I assume I am making a permanent YES.

During this time the Inbound call screen pop is showing "Retrieving Data" in all of the contact info fields.

Once I click YES on the pop up message, the fields all change to "Contact not Found".

Regards,
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.