Outlook Integration Error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chris.pickering, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris.pickering

Aug 12, 2009
    Hello and thanks in advance for any help here. I am wondering if anyone has seen anything like this description before?

I have configured 3CX assistant with the plug in for Outlook. Incoming calls activate the screen pop from Outlook to create a new contact for each incoming call.
    I can open and create a new contact. However, a subsequent call from a caller who has been entered in the contact database causes an error from outlook.

A separate window pops up and informs: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'"

There is a check box to allow access for 1, 2, 5, or 10 minutes, or choose Yes, No, Help.

If I leave the check box empty and choose YES, I assume I am making a permanent YES.

During this time the Inbound call screen pop is showing "Retrieving Data" in all of the contact info fields.

Once I click YES on the pop up message, the fields all change to "Contact not Found".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.