• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outlook Plug In Dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBM

Reaction score
Running 3cx version 15.5.0 Standard
Desktop phone is Yealink SIP T22p

Issue: Recently upgraded to 15.5.0 and new phones. Prior to the upgrade the outlook plugin worked fine. I could select contact in outlook, select 3cx tab, and click telephone number within outlook to dial the contact on my desk phone.

After the 3cx upgrade and new phone this same functionality works until something unknown goes wrong. When I click dial within outlook nothing happens at the desktop phone. The softphone (computer phone) shows some activity (see attached picture). After the problem arises if I unplug the power to the desk phone and plug back in (power reset) the problem goes away and the outlook functionality works again. Then some unknown issues cause it to stop working again. After something goes wrong and I receive an incoming call the outlook contact pops up so at least part of the outlook plug in works.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 20
Have you tried a full reset and reprovision of the phone. It sounds more like an issue with CTI between the desktop PC and the handset then with the Outlook plugin.

Is the phone running the latest supported firmware?

and reprovision the softphone...
seen issues here too.

Thank you for the replies. I think we have tried all suggested ideas. I will do the all again to be sure. I will report back when completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.