Outlook support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xrated, Jun 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xrated

I saw 3CX supports Outlook and because i am testing currently with free version, i am curious how this looks like. So is it possible from Outlook to go to Contacts and start a call from there? Is it also possible to do this with the hard phone?
    All contacts are stored in Kerio Connect/Public folder (Exchange alternative)

And i guess its not possible to select which outgoing Caller ID or DID should be used when dialing?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @xrated

You can read the following article for details on how the outlook integration works.
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/microsoft-outlook/

To call from a hard phone you will need to have it connected via CTI to a 3CX client so can initiate a call from the client and pick it up on the hard phone

3. xrated

how to connect phone to 3cx client? is this the option "call control" in the management console under phone provisioning/3cx client?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That option dictates in what mode the 3CX client will start. It will be either SIP or CTI mode. You can also manually control it from the client by clicking on the the little phone icon on the top of the client. The client and the phone need to be on the same extension.

xrated likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.