Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outlook & VOIP Client

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SWB, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWB

SWB New Member

Hello All. Have come across a unique situation regarding calling from Outlook 2007 with a Polycom Soundpoint 650. Outlook transfers the call info. to the Polycom and dials fine, and the call is connected to the callie. Only problem is the callie cannot hear the caller, but the caller can hear the callie. The Polycom is configured per 3CX guidelines and have stopped/restarted client, machine, and phone. Was working fine prior (well at least some of the time. The user would have to restart every so often to rectify this problem), and we haven't upgraded to the latest 3CX build yet so nothing has change server wise. Finally this functionality works fine on our Grandstream phones, and we only have 1 Polycom phone so unfortunately I cannot test against another Polycom.

Question is has anyone experience this or something similar? Would upgrading to the latest build help? Finally is there a new client coming out with the new server version?

Thanks everyone =D

-Scott

2. asfuture

asfuture New Member

do you can use the polycom standalone? i mean : "the callie cannot hear the caller" is also if you use only the phone?
    i supposed that you are a router problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SWB

SWB New Member

No the phone works correctly when used normally. Only when the client through Outlook is used.

4. asfuture

asfuture New Member

wich tapi are you using???
    maybe this: http://www.3cx.com/forums/stand-alone-tapi-driver-5060.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SWB

SWB New Member

Thanks for your help asfuture. I'm using Outlook, and right clicking on a contact and select call contact....Then the call is connected using the VOIP client.

I'd rather not install a separate tapi driver and just use Outlook w/ the VOIP client as it is pretty simple and straightforward. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this before.

6. asfuture

asfuture New Member

i think that you have to use a modem for this kind of operation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.