Outside extension member of queue or group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pjoa, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjoa

Hi folks,

Need some external members on several pstn nets to be available to answer calls to queue or group calls.
    Fex. Caller 123456 calls on queue 1 that have 2 internal clients 101 and 102 and also 1 external clinet on nr 777777 all 3 needs to be able to answer calls. How can we do that.
    best Jonny

Bredband i Kristianstad Sweden
    Local isp in south Sweden.
    http://www.bikab.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. asfuture

asfuture New Member

Hi Johnny
    you can also make an ext 103 and forward this onconditionally to 777777. i'm curious if it's working. please keep me in touch.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pjoa

Hi asfuture,

Tried that, but no luck. queue or group still ringing, but no forward of those to 103.
    Configured line 103 to always forward to 777777. When checking connection it is "red"unconnected since no unit is really on.

Looks like a standard on some pbx's, that extensions attached to group or queue that doesnt answer should not be forwarded, unless trying to reach those direct without calling thru queue or group.

Any way around ?
    /J

4. Ryandc

The way 3cx queues work, you have to meet 3 conditions (I'm not a programmer, so I might be mistaken, but experience with the software is extensive):
    1) Queue member must be logged in to queue, either via the CTI program or the Admin panel.
    2) Queue member must be listed as "Available," again either via CTA or Admin panel.
    3) Queue member must be a registered extension and not busy. If busy detection is set to "Use PBX status" and the person is on another call, call waiting will not ring through.

An unconditional forward on a dummy extension will not ring the forward-to number if the call originates from the queues.

For a work-around, I'd suggest getting some kind of softphone software for your mobile phone (if the forward-to number is a mobile) or using a 3cx bridge, external extension, or extension-over-VPN to get that number in your queues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.