Outside extension one way audio with Broadvoice

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bela, Jul 7, 2007.

1. bela

Hi,

I have just re-installed 3CX, as I got fedup with the Axon PBX, and now have a problem I cant figure out myself.. ;)
    Here is the scenario:
    I run 3CX on a Windows 2003 server, which is NAT-ed over a router to the internet. This is located in my office. I forwarded all the required ports.
    As a VoIP provider I use Broadvoice.

At my home, I have a router with NAT, and have a Cisco/Linksys SPA-941 hooked up. It registers with the 3CX PBX just fine.
    If I call from home an extensionin the office, everything seems fine, I get 2 way audio.
    However if I call out or have an incoming call over the Broadvoice account, the audio is one way, eg. they can hear me, but I cant hear them...:(
    Its obvious to me, that this is an RTP problem, but I just cant pin it down.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Bela

2. DaKhalli

DaKhalli New Member

have you tryed using a stun server? dont forget to open port 3478 on your nat router.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As your phone at home is external to the "3CX network" you have to set your phone extension at home to be external.

You are correct about the RTP, it is currently simplex to make it duplex set the extension to be external.

4. bela

Yes, I use STUN servers on both ends. Also the "external" is set. Even the "bind to media..." is set.
    Still a no go..:(

I think it might be something to do with the SIP header containing the internal IP? I saw this in some previous discussions...
    This is so frustrating. Otherwise 3CX is a really nice system.

Bela

5. DaKhalli

DaKhalli New Member

teh address translation should be handled through the stun server.

Try using a fwe stun server, i hear peeps telling me when they added a different one it suddenly works.

Just an idea...

6. bela

Beleive me, I have tried 4 different stun servers. I even have my own setup...
    I am clueless..:(

Bela

7. bela

And by the way, with two other soft IP PBXes this same setup works, so it must be something to do with the 3CX...

Bela

8. DaKhalli

DaKhalli New Member

strange indeed.

You checked all the ports needed for 3cx? ifall are open?

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1697

for my portforwardingfaq.

9. bela

Yes, It was not the ports. I have even tried to put both the 3CX and the phone to DMZ, still the same.

But it looks like i have fixed it.
    I have unchecked the "Supports 'Replaces' header" option, and now the Linksys phone works...

Bela

10. silentfun

silentfun Member

try to force the phone to use a other codec

and perhaps this:

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello,

I am trying to setup a Linksys SPA942 in a similar type network also. Both my 3CX server and Remote Linksys Extension are behind different NAT networks. I currently have only one way audio as my Linksys Phone is not recieving any RTP packets...???

What exactly did you do to get it working? I.E. port forwarding and NAT settings on the phone. Thank you in advance!

Brian