overhead paging with Bogen amp

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

New 3CX install and need to connect it to existing zoned paging system that uses Bogen amp and overhead paging horns/speakers. Current paging system uses 2 digits, 0 + x for zone, so 00 for all call, cold storage rooms are 02, store is 06, and so on. It's clean and simple - user places call on hold, hits 00, and speaks the voice message.

I have a Linksys SPA3102 gateway that has one FXO and one FSX port. I also have a spare FXO port on a Grandstream GXW4104 gateway.

Is there a video tutorial or webpage somewhere that shows the basic steps? I'm not sure even where to begin, and multiple Google searches return scan results. I'd like the finished install to be the same process for the users.

TIA.

2. mlump

mlump New Member

The best way i have found to connect overhead speakers to 3CX is to use the Snom PA1. These have a built in AMP so all you have to do is plug the speaker into the Snom. Then the Snom registers to 3CX as an Ext so you just dial the ext of the Snom in the area you want to page, or a Paging ring group with all your Snom's as members to Page all area's.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I used the Viking RAD-1A to effectively "answer the call" after the 3102 and patched the lines to the amp et al.

Seemed to fit best since I was replacing an old PBX with 3CX and going VOIP.. they already had the rest.
    If "one device" is "answering the calls" made to it on those extensions.. perhaps a fancy dial plan can strip a prefix and pass the zone numbers to it.

Seems like a bit of a chain, but was minimal impact. We already had a stack of 3102s for our ATA needs (like.. Polycoms and who knows what) so the RAD-1A was a small addition.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The Snom also support multicast paging which means no call setup time really. We use this instead so outside callers can't page anyone...
    (An outside caller, if they knew the paging extension, could dial into your digital receptionist then dial an extension, being the paging system. or, someone could accidentally transfer a caller to the PA system as well. So, our phones have a button for paging, using the phones Multicast capabilities.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. engin411

engin411 New Member

Thanks everyone. Sure gave me some options.

6. a-hernandez

I also have a bogen paging system.

I used a patton FXO, told 3cx to use that FXO as a dial out with a code (used as a line, not extension) , then assign certain groups to allow that dial out code (I used 5525) once you dial the code, you'll hear a dialtone from the bogen and then punch in the code for the areas (00,01,02...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.