• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Page 100 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

llama

Reaction score
With our 3cx phone system we would love to page all 100 of our phones at once so that we could announce emergency information. However when you page a group with more then 64 phones in it you just get a busy signal. I'm sure our network and server could handle the strain. Is there a reason why its capped at 64 and is there a way around it?

Thanks!

Reaching that many phones is making that many calls. If your license is 64 - then that is the limit - because what you are doing is an Intercom call to each station - *9xxxx (where xxxx is the extension).

The better option is to use
1) paging speakers in ceilings using multicast (http://www.cyberdata.net/products/voip/digitalanalog/paging_endpoints.html)
2) multicast paging to the phones
3) VLC Multicast to each computer (users speakers must be on - http://www.3cx.com/forums/using-vlc-to-output-multicast-paging-20840.html)

Yealink T2x series have this (http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/yealink-multicast-paging/) with the T3x getting the feature soon.
what phones are you using ?

Thank you for the reply!

Calling a page group isn't considered making a call to each phone as we only have a license of 16. It is considered one call, so that is not the issue. We would love to have paging speakers but don't have the money to purchase enough for each building. Multicast doesn't help as we have Grandstream GXP1450 phones and I have been unable to find any multicast features on this phone. If you know of any that would be amazing. Is there anything else that you might know of that could get around this issue?

Take a look at system memory when you do the page all to see what happens... I thought for sure it was considered that many calls... oh well.

Paging is exception from licensing SC calls, you should be able to page multiple phones regardless of license level.
The issue with more than 64 phones is another type, could be design one. What you see into system log ?

BR

Glad to know the paging is exempt from the license limits... I initially went with a bigger license for paging purposes and I was not informed it was exempt.
In the end, we went with MultiCast - because of the connection speed.

With a paging call im not sure if 3cx is involved in the audio stream or not. Its interesting that it is exactly 64 calls though. I would open a ticket with support Im sure they can explain it quickly.

Hey billy
Looks like CID over bridge is implemented in v12. Even the prefix requirement.

Thats excellent. I was on vacation when they released it. Hopefully I can find some time this week to mess around with it. Have there been any issues so far?

Still pretty Alpha. Check out the blog post. Lots of discussion there.
I haven't had a ton of time yet either.
Just installed on my test machine and connected to my main system via bridge.

I actually called 3CX support on this issue once, only it was 150 phones. They informed me that paging groups that size are not supported and that i need to use Multicast Paging or Overhead speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.