Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Page/Intercom feature

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hainesk967, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hainesk967

I have 3CX v11 and some SPA504G and SPA514G phones and I am trying to get the paging/intercom feature to work. When I dial *9 and the extension (i.e. *9200) the phone wants me to set a call forward. When I disable the call forward feature in the phone, it then just gives me an invalid number error after only dialing *92. The built in paging feature in the SPA504G is set as *96. When I use this (i.e. *96200), the other extension does not auto answer to the speaker phone like I'm hoping and instead rings and rings as if I simply dialed their extension, despite auto answer being enabled in the phone preferences. Any ideas?

2. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

First Question - Is your 3CX system licensed, or just running unlicensed demo mode???
    (As *9 Paging is not enabled in an un-licensed version 11 3CX ).

Use the demo key at the bottom of this article to license/enable all 3CX features (but it will only give you 2 simultaneous calls):
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-v11-service-pack-4/

In regard to the built-in paging feature ... this is only applicable if the phone is running off a Cisco-Linksys VoIP PBX. When putting the SPA phones on a 3CX, you can delete all of those 'vertical Service Activation Codes' - as they won't do a thing for you!

Best regards ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hainesk967

Thanks for the reply.

My 3CX is licensed (8 calls).

How do I delete the 'vertical Service Activation Codes' so I can use the 3CX paging feature? I looked around the phone settings and couldn't find anything.

4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

Delete the Vertical Service Activation Codes [VSAC] on the SPA, by browsing the IP address of the phone, then logging on as 'admin' ...
    Click the 'Advanced' link (top right).
    Select the 'Regional' tab
    Scroll half-way down to the VSAC section
    Remove every code in that section ...

I now use Yealink phones in my installs - so have not put work into figuring out how I can clear this section using a modified provisioning template ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. hainesk967

Do I need to modify the dial plan so that my phone will allow me to dial the *9[ext] number?

6. hainesk967

Ok, so I went to the ext page and modified the dialing plan from:
    (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
    to this:
    (*xxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

And I think it's working. I will have to test it later to see as I only have one phone here right now.

7. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

Woops ... No ... It looks like you are flying blind here ...
    Have a look at this guide which shows what you need to do, to manually configure an SPA phone as a 3CX extension.
    http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/ Updated link

In fact, you should be able to make the phone auto-provision ... http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/Cisco-SPA/ ... and then just use the manual notes to check the settings.

You won't need to do a fancy dial-plan mod' as all a 3CX extension needs as a dial-plan entry is ...

[x*].

This is a cover-all dial-plan, which then makes it possible to use outbound dialing rules in the 3CX system to guide calls if any further routing is needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.