Paging beep

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Peter OKeefe, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter OKeefe

I have upgraded our 3cx software from version 14 to version 15.5 over the weekend.

All is well except we are now getting the "beep" in the beginning of pages. I know this was an issue when we first installed this system about 3 years ago (v12.5, then upgraded to v14), and I was able to work around it, but I am not able to now with this new version. The beep is very annoying as it comes over our PA system as well as multiple phones set up in the ring group.

Some other posts here suggest deleting the "beep.wav" file, but this file is also used for the beep when leaving a voicemail. If I delete the file, callers no longer hear that beep.

Another post said to use multicast paging instead - this is not an option for us. I've tried this before and it did not work satisfactorily.

If anyone from 3cx support is reading this - is it possible to have a simple checkbox added to the screen when setting up a paging ring group to play the beep if checked, or not play it if unchecked? This would be a very simple solution to an ongoing problem, that I'm sure I'm not alone in. Or is there a parameter that can be added to turn this off for paging only?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

The best solution I've come up with is editing beep.wav to be half volume and half length.

4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

You should really give Multicast Paging another go. Works so much better than SIP paging. With the Yealink phones you can even configure a linekey (requires template edit) that does the sip paging directly bypassing the pbx completely.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.