• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Paging: Busy tones upon hang up

Status
Not open for further replies.

giwm

Forum User
Reaction score
We have a Snom PA1 in our stores in a paging group with our store phones. 3CX is installed at our corporate HQ. At the stores, a user will make a page and upon hanging up the phone, there are three audible tones, which sound like a busy signal. I cannot replicate this at HQ. I am not sure if this is a 3CX thing or a Snom setting. I'm wondering if it's a latency issue, which would be why I can't replicate it.

I do know it is not the Snom setting for Call Released Notification. Anyone else experience this and/or know how to fix it?

Hello @giwm

I have just tested with a snom PA1 here in the office and i do not get the audible beeps after the call is terminated. How is the device provisioned?
Just tested as local and using STUN and could not replicate it.
Also what firmware is your PA running?

It's provisioned locally as an extension through 3CX using the Snom PA1 template. All units are firmware 8.7.5.44. It must be something to do with the latency involved when an offsite phone pages an offsite PA1, which would explain why we can't replicate it onsite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.