• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Paging Feature Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

3cx-user

Reaction score
I am testing out the paging feature in v6 and I have a ring group setup for "Paging" and I have the extension set to 5000. When I dial 5000 from a snom 360 phone it rings back to the same phone on a different line and leaves a voice mail... Anyone else run into this?

Hmmm... I was hoping that wasn't the answer and yes that is a major bug IMHO... That would be one of those things that I would like to see fixed before rolling that out as a replacement for our current system.

Maybe I will install the v7 beta tomorrow and see if it's also true with that... do you know if it is the same with v7 beta?

I just upgraded to v7 and confirmed that bug is still there... How do others deal with this? It just doesn't seem like a good solution to have a user page and for that page to come back to the phone that looks like a call is coming in and then it leaves a voice mail...

I have at least a partial solution. You will need to do this for each extension. Here is what you do:

1. Login to 3CX Management
2. On the left side click on Extensions and open up that tree.
3. Again on the left click on one of the extensions.
4. On the right side click on the Forwarding Rules tab.
5. Under the General Forwarding Options section, click on the radio button beside Use PBX Status and click OK to save changes.

This will stop the pages from ringing back to the phone you are paging from but then if you are on a call and a second call comes in you won't see with it set to Use PBX Status.

Don't know if this helps or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.