Paging hang up leaves page on hold/in limbo

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bronston Hansen, Oct 10, 2018 at 8:20 PM.

1. Bronston Hansen

Hi,

I have a group all in one location (same subnet) all on Grandstream GXP1780s. I have a paging group set up for them accessible with a custom speed dial blf.
    Occasionally after they use the paging and hang up their phone it acts like the paging was put on hold or somehow disconnected from the phone but the page is still active. When that happens it ties up pretty much every phone in the group until I drop the call from the receptionist client.

Does anyone have any ideas what is happening or why and most importantly how to fix it?

For bonus points can you tell me how to reduce the delay after they hit the paging blf? It takes up to 10 seconds for the page to start. I mention this because I'm wondering if both issues are related.

Thanks,
    Bronston

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Bronston Hansen

How many extensions are in the same group and are you using multicast group or a paging group?
    If you are familiar with wireshark you could run a capture and see if the paging is terminated properly or not and if the delay is with the PBX or somewhere in the network.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I find Paging Groups are good for about 10-15 phones at the most. After that there is a lot of overhead created opening a connection to every single phone.
    Best bet is to use Multicast Paging instead... however, I have seen folks get transferred into Multicast paging and suddenly you hear "hello, hello" of the loudspeakers with no way to retrieve the call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...