Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Paging interruption on SPAxxx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leviticus, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leviticus

So, I'm sure most know that with the Cisco phones, when a page comes through, by default with 'Auto-answer page' enabled, it will place an active call on hold. Alternatively, setting 'Auto-answer page' to 'off' will make the handset never answer a page (while on a call or not).

For context: For my purposes, I'm always paging to a group, not a PTT type situation.

So, after much Googling, it seems the most popular solution is making the phone system check to see if there's an active call before sending the page.

A few questions:
    -Has Cisco firmware changed in such a manner that the page will mix the call and page audio?
    -Can 3CX do the 'active line check', and if so how?
    -Would there be implications to the 'active line check' such as.. If one phone is busy in the page group, would it cause that entire page to fail, or simply only page the other members of the page group? (The latter being my desired behavior.)

Any guidance or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

2. talward

What did you google.. I'm having that current problem and trying to come up with a solution. Because what I've heard is that this is not a feature in 3CX and will be added in the next version.. Do you hard code the phones or is it something provided in the auto provisioning?

3. glulfurfisa

paczki świąteczne

Good day!

I've recently come across

amazing

Kosze prezentowe

4. efounco

efounco New Member

With 3CX, if you DON'T have the "I want to be able to receive more than one call at a time" option checked, the system will detect the status of the extension and will not send a page to phone if it is busy. However, if you need to accept multiple calls and have this option checked, it will do as you described and put the other call(s) on hold during a page. This seems to be the norm with all Cisco SPA phones regardless of their firmware revision.

Instead of tying up a bunch of phones during a page (which causes our BLF/switchboard to go nuts), I decided to connect a couple of spare/inexpensive VOIP phones to a 70v overhead system. It was fairly inexpensive and saves me a lot of grief when paging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.