Paging order

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oneradioboy, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneradioboy

I'm using the 3CX demo license that allows for 2 concurrent calls and allows for paging. I'm experimenting with the paging feature and have run into an issue. I've setup the paging group with 4 extensions. When I dial *9801 from extension 100 it will only page extension 101. If 101 is offline, I get a busy signal. My question is this, how do I setup the system to ring all the extension in the page group at the same time and bypass those extension that are offline?

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

A question.

Why would you dial *9801 ?
    if you have a paging group all you need to do is Dial 801.

Answer:

Try the above without the *9 prefix and see what happens.
    Also when you make a successful call to the paging group and hangup you must wait for a few seconds till you are able to start a new one. This time is needed so all called lines can be Dropped.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. oneradioboy

Yes, I've tried only using 801 and the system still only pages the extension that is listed first in the group. If that one is not connected then I get a busy signal. One would think it would page all extensions in the group and bypass those that are busy or not connected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.