Paging places current calls on hold

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rtaylor115, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtaylor115

We are using Cisco SPA504g phones. When someone uses the phone system to page and if we happen to be using our phones at the time, the call we are on is placed on hold while the page is made. The call isn't dropped. Usually what happens is it was unexpected and the caller thinks something happened and they hang up. Is this normal behavior? I would expect that if I am on a call, the page would not come through my intercom since my phone is busy. I do not want calls placed on hold while a page is done. Thank you!

2. badsushi

Whoa Yuck, my system does this too. I'm surprised none of my customers have complained about this... Yet.

3. badsushi

Re: a page puts call on hold
    Found this on an old link: Option 3 works great...

Unread postby efounco » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:32 pm
    There are a couple ways of resolving/working around this issue with the SPA50x phones.

1. Uncheck the "I want to be able to receive more than 1 call at a time - use Phone Status" option for the extension inside of 3CX.

2. In the phone's "admin/advanced/ext1" WEB interface, set "Auto Ans Page On Active Call:" to "no"

3. Add "<Auto_Ans_Page_On_Active_Call_1_ group="Ext_1/Call_Feature_Settings">No</Auto_Ans_Page_On_Active_Call_1_>" to the Cisco 50x provisioning template and reprovision the phones.

4. If you're OK with the phone's built-in multicast feature (one-way audio only), simply dial 800# (the extension setup by default) and announce the caller. This will send a multicast page to all of the phones without interrupting current calls. This feature only works with SPA50x phones; you can configure the extension inside the phone's WEB interface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.