Paging problem over the Polycom Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by optionderek, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optionderek

Hi, can anyone help. My company just change to the 3CX system and using the Polycom Phone 331.
    We have over 40 phones. The phone system we can page all or extension over the phone speaker.
    How can we do that on the system now? Please help.... Thank you.

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Well we have actually made this quite simple, In 3CX you can create a ring group, alternatively you can create a paging group, simply by selecting the page option rather then the ring all setting when creating a ring group.

Futher down the screen you have to add extensions, add all or a few depending on your requirments, but your limit is a 100 extensions. Press apply and oki.

Now dail into this group, you may now proceed to perform an annoucement and possible terrify everyone who is half asleep.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. optionderek

Thank you mfm,
    I did create the ring group and add all company extension.
    So, what is the comand to page someone/all over the speaker.
    Thank you.

4. matchews

Has anyone successfully implemented a 3CX paging group with Polycom phones? I have one IP6000 in the conference room that refuses to broadcast a unicast or multicast page from 3CX, regardless of the codec I select. I have the multicast address and port setup in the phones and 3CX (when attempting multicast). The page will broadcast on Yealink handsets when in multicast mode, but not unicast. I even tried using the multicast paging from the handsets, but can't get the Polycom to recognize a Yealink mulit-cast page and vice versa. Any tips would be appreciated. Worst case I can purchase a Yealink CP860 conference phone, but I suspect the Polycom has better voice quality. Any input on that topic would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
    Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.