Paging System Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ogutierrez, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ogutierrez

Hello, since I replaced my PBX for a 3CX system I have an issue with my paging system, after any message there is an annoying noise (4 beeps), the device that I have for the paging system is VIKING Model:RAD-1A, I have tried to modify this device but still is sending the same 4 beeps after the message, so I need change the Time Out on my 3CX System, but I don't know how to do that, can you help me to fix this issue?

thanks.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

4 beeps after the page? So, when the user hangs up it beeps 4 times?
    How do you access the Viking? Is it an extension on your phone network?

I am having trouble understanding how the RAD1A connects to 3cx - does it have an analog adapter to convert the Ethernet to RJ11 ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Yes you will need an ATA to conver those sip strunks to analog before hehit that fax.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

My guess is that it is not related to any 3CX settings, but more so to the ATA used to activate the device and subsequently signal when the page is complete. I am not familiar with this particular device, but I do know that some devices have alert tones to signal when a page connection is open (gain attention) and then again when it is closed (OK, back to sleep). In this manner the listening audience has a clear understanding of when a page is complete. 4 beeps, on the other hand, seems like overkill, but might be an area to look into.

If you are unsuccesful in reaching a solution, you may want to look at the SNOM-PA1. It may cost less, if it will fit your application, than spending hours with the Viking and ATA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.