• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

stash

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone tried paging using speaker analog phones? If this is possible or someone tried this reply would be appreciated.

Thanks,

STASH

Hi Stash
I seem to recall that paging is reliant on the phone model being able to support the auto-answer capability. Somehow, I don't think you are going to be able to get that passed through an ATA in a way that an analogue phone will use it.

Maybe somebody out there knows different???

Hi Fox,

OK that is what i'm thinking but i just want to ask opinion of others since i haven't tried this yet.

Thanks,

STASH

Your not going t o be able to page an jany handset that desnt ave auto answer by call info, including analog lines connected to the 3cx using an ATA.

HI Jpillow,

But is it possible if i will use fax machine with auto answer capabilities? Ok i will take your answer :D

Thanks,

STASH

If the server you are running 3CX on or any PC in your network has a sound card you can use 3CX Phone

Just install it on the server or PC (If on the server make sure you use different ports to the server) give it an extension number on the PBX and add it to a paging group.

3CX phone will auto answer and output the call through the sound card. That can be connected to anything you like from a crappy old speaker to an amplifier

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the respond but i'm looking into analog phones or something that is connected to an ATA.

Thanks,

STASH

Stash -

There are a couple of problems with an ATA, FAX or other analog device:

Most analog devices require the receiver handset to be lifted in order to take the phone off-hook (answer).
A fax machine is set to auto answer after a preset number of rings. This is usually done so that callerID is received, but even so, they normally mute the speaker following so one does not hear all the noise.

I think you are pretty much out of luck.

Hi neblettt,

OK thanks for your respond now i know that to answer with my boss :D.

Thanks,

STASH

Hi Stash I use ATA;'s connected to fax machines all the time with no problems but thats because fax machines have auto answer option. I cannot say I'm familiar with any analog handsets that have auto answser so unless you have any that do that I"m not sure how youd be able to get the speaker function working with analog phones. Though you could simply invest in sip phones to replace the analog, or put speakers in the rooms with analog phones.

Hi Jpillow,

Yeah i would suggest SIP phones but this is only question if i would encounter client that wants to use ATA instead of buying SIP phones :D. Thanks by the way now i had idea that this things work with auto answer. I think this will be applicable on all Analog phones that has the Auto-answer capability.

Thanks,

STASH

Instead of an ATA and another device, I would suggest a SNOM PA1 device --> http://www.snom.com/en/products/sip-paging/snom-pa1/ . Works great for us.

hello,

An ATA gateway allows you to connect any analog phone device to our 3CX Phone System. In essence, it converts from an analog phone signal to SIP, letting us use, any standard analog phone handset with our 3CX IP PBX! You could use your long range portable phone, a bunch of handsets that seem a waste to throw away, a fax machine, or any other analog phone device.

Yes, you can connect an analog fax machine to your phone system but the ATA you select must support T.38 protocol. Also, your FXO must support T.38 and even then it is tricky to get it all working. I'd recommend keeping the fax machine outside your PBX (if possible) or using the 3CX fax server.

horelcool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.