Paging

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mckenn, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mckenn

Good day

I am using 3CX Phone System V14. How can I restrict who can use the paging feature. So I created a paging ring group prefix is *11 ring group number is 2000. When a page is made you can see the ring group number on the IP phone display. If you hit redial you can also page the group. So anyone can page which is ridiculous.
    Is there a way to maybe mask the ring group number or restrict the paging feature to just authorized users only.
    Under user extension rights Can Intercom has nothing to do with paging. This is a different feature.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

If you are using Multicast Paging you can do this.

Configure all phones to receive the multicast page.

Configure only the allowed to page phones with a multicast page key/button. Works great with Yealink.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mckenn

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I am not using multicast paging. I will look into it. We are using Yealink.

Thanks again

4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Try it you will like it much better than sip paging.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the sets you are using,are capable of an internal dial-plan, then it could be configured to block direct dialling to the paging number.

6. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

Lifeline

How did you setup/Configure the Yeaklink phones with a multicast page key/button.

I assume this is a button on the phone rather than a dialcode + page ring group extension

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I believe this can be done through the Yealink Interface in the DSS Keys like this:

[​IMG]

This way you don't even need a Paging Group on the 3CX Phone System as it is the actual phone that is going to be doing the paging directly.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.