Panasonic Dect Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DesCheah, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesCheah

Hi All,

I'm seeking of Panasonic dect phone information. FYI, I'm going to implement VOIP solution for my manufacturing client. Their factory area is within 0.5KM radius. I'm not sure whether Panasonic KX-TGP500B01 (DECT) will be able to meet my client requirement or not? Here is my scenario. My client will have 17 unit of cordless phones. They need to run all around the factory. For example, User A at front office will need to run over to the store area at the back of the factory. My question, when user is answering his phone from his desk and need to go to the store to check the physical stock for example, will his call terminated when he moved from his desk to the store area (within 0.5KM radius) or his call is able to bounce to the another dect station at the store area? I understand that, Panasonic Dect station allows user A to register his phone into another Dect station at the back of the factory to accept and making call, am I correct? Please help.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The Panasonic (KX-TGP50X) will not work in your scenario. Each base station will accommodate 6 (I think) handsets and from these you can have 3 simultaneous calls. The handsets are registered to a base, so it is not like you can roam and as you come into range of a base, it will de-register from one and register to the new base automatically. The registration and deregistration process is manual in nature.

I am uncertain if the handset can be registered to more than one base at a time as while I have locations where I could try this, the need to do so has not arisen and the documentation only includes instructions for the one. While not conclusive, it leads me to think that only one base at a time is possible. The model I have referenced is the 3CX supported model, but they may have others that support roaming that while not supported, will work with 3CX.

I believe Yealink has a model that supports roaming. There is at least one other make that other forum members have talked about, but I do not recall the name. You might do a search for roaming and DECT.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The Panasonic units that I use, which sound very similar, allow 6 handsets to be registered to each base, and allow a handset to be registered to more than one base (within the 6 handsets per base limit). But, not at the same time, and of course, no hand-off of an active call, when moving from one base to another.

To do hand-offs requires a common control unit, which is in turn linked to the DECT base units, in the same manner as a mobile phone network.

4. Vaucluse

It looks like Gigaset supports this.
    See http://www.gigaset.com/en_HQ/shop/n720-dect-ip-multicell.html
    and http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/gigaset-n510/

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.