• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Panasonic KX-HDV1xx series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psot

Reaction score
Hello people, we are using Yealinks in our office but we received a Panasonic KX-HDV130 phone today and i have been trying to make it work with no avail.

Are there any provisioning profiles for it, or any nice guide that can help?

Thanks.

You can configure it manually, it works normally with 3CX, also KX-HDV230 tested.
I haven't come upon provisioning templates, but I guess you can adapt easily templates from KX-UT series, if you need to provision many phones.

I am not aware of anyone ever getting these to work myself but it has been asked before:
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/panasonic-kx-tgp500b01.50248/

If they were able to speak to 3CX it would be a manual setup that would require you to log into the web interface of the phone and configure a SIP Server address and authentication username and password.

The additional downsides to using an un-supported phone even if you can get them talking to 3CX are:

* Manual configuration, in manual configuration mode a reset would factory default them. Provisioned phones do not have this issue.
* They will not work remotely (STUN, SBC, Hosted deployments).
* You cannot firmware update or reboot/re-provision from the 3CX Phones interface.
* You will not have support with these phones.

You need to be fully aware of what the situation is. But glad you are using Yealinks also so you can see this for yourself.

Yes, i am aware of the downside of an unsupported phone, i just wanted to check if anyone actually succeeded in making them work.

I know how to set a phone up manually without provisioning, i have some yealinks set up like that, but the Panasonic refuses to register.
It seems it just wont work with 3CX, too bad.

Yes, i am aware of the downside of an unsupported phone, i just wanted to check if anyone actually succeeded in making them work.

I know how to set a phone up manually without provisioning, i have some yealinks set up like that, but the Panasonic refuses to register.
It seems it just wont work with 3CX, too bad.
No, the phone works with 3CX without issues, I have more than 20 pcs manually configured for a customer, as well as HDV230 (including BLF buttons). They preferred them because of white color.

Reactions: Psot
No, the phone works with 3CX without issues, I have more than 20 pcs manually configured for a customer, as well as HDV230 (including BLF buttons). They preferred them because of white color.
I wonder what i am doing wrong then :)
Ill dig some more, if you remember something i should know, let me know please :)

By the way, i checked server event log and nothing appears in there.. strange.

Here are screen shots from KX-HDV230, the same for KX-HDV130, nothing special infact:
line1 settings.png
Extension 64, 3CX address: 10.252.6.156

Attachments

• blf settings.png
    blf settings.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 288
Reactions: Edi Kojsi
Direct call pickup configuration -- *20*
direct call pickup.png

From the looks of the GUI, they have a similar requirement to some Gigasets, that I've manually configured, in that they require the server address in (almost?) all of the fields.

Thanks, appreciate it.
Will have to double check i put the address in all the fields tomorrow since i have left the office right now.

One thing to note is that i am trying to register through vpn, the ip of the phone is 192.168.1.xx and the 3CX server is at 192.168.0.xx .
Yealinks work fine, maybe the panasonic needs some tuning, will give it some more time tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Thanks, appreciate it.
Will have to double check i put the address in all the fields tomorrow since i have left the office right now.

One thing to note is that i am trying to register through vpn, the ip of the phone is 192.168.1.xx and the 3CX server is at 192.168.0.xx .
Yealinks work fine, maybe the panasonic needs some tuning, will give it some more time tomorrow.

Thanks again.
I also have 2 gigasets setup- will compare to those too... :)

Thanks, appreciate it.

Thanks again.
There is nothing special about VPN, you have to configure the phone as working in the LAN segment of the PBX, no NAT, no STUN.
This customer uses a cloud PBX, connection to his site -- via VPN (layer 3 routing, no NAT – important).

I also have 2 gigasets setup- will compare to those too... :)
Check whether they register to 3CX PBX with their local address from remote network, via VPN, i.e. 192.168.1.x.

If you are manually configuring, just set the subnet mask of the set, as 255.255.0.0...if needed.

If you are manually configuring, just set the subnet mask of the set, as 255.255.0.0...if needed.
If VPN is properly configured, this is not needed, in contrary mask 255.255.0.0 will disrupt operations.

If two segments are 192.168.0.0/24 and 192.168.1.0/24 traffic between them should be routed through corresponding gateways, e.g. 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1, without NAT. Otherwise, if netmask is broader, the traffic will not be routed through gateway and there will be no communication between the PBX and the phones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edi Kojsi
Thanks for your help guys, unfortunately it just would not register when at the vpn'd building so i moved it and it worked immediately.
The only thing is this is happening, which doesnt seem to affect anything, but i am wondering if you guys know why it might be happening.
Check attached picture, ignore the deleted ip, i am talking about the 0.0.0.0 ip registered too.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 85
Check these:

1. Have you configured NAT, STUN, etc. in your Panasonic sets? If so, better factory reset the unit and configure it again -- only SIP settings, as screen-shot I sent you before. Network settings should contain only local network settings.

2. Check carefully your VPN, there should be no NAT involved. The phones must register with their local addresses -- either from 192.168.0.0/24 (local to the PBX) and from 192.168.1.0/24 (remote over VPN). If you see other addresses, there is something not configured properly -- either with VPN or with phone network settings (see p.1).

3. You are registering the phone to local address of the PBX or public one ? Over VPN, if configured properly, you should register only to local address of the PBX, i.e. 192.168.0.xx.

I have many Panasonic phones registered over VPN, all of them work properly without issues.
The above checklist is valid for any brand of phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.