Panasonic kx-tgp500 sometimes losing call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by it2pimp, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it2pimp

Hi,

I've installed a 3cx pbx v11 with some grandstream phones and with panasonic dect phones kx-tgp500.

There is a problem I think with the portable (panasonic) phones. When a user goes thru the digitl receptionist and finally it rings at an extension. When he takes the call in most cases it works, but 10 times a day he takes the call and hears "Hi I'm cal....." and connections breaks.

His customer has to call back and sometimes this happens few times with the same caller.
    Calling outside works perfect, or once the connection is made and he can talk longer then a few seconds the call doesn't disconnects.

Setup :
    server : WINDOWS 8
    3CX : V11
    ISDN : Patoon gateway 4638
    fix phones : grandstream gxp 2124
    dect phones : panasonic kx-tgp500

WHat I've tried :
    - Updated to latest firmware of the panasonic phones
    - downgrade to earlier version
    - updated patton to latest firmware

But problem still stays the same, Anybody got an idea ? I can provide a verbose log if needed.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

A log will likely be the only way in addition to how the extensions are set-up. Just for clarity, is this model the one with or without the associated wired handset/speakerphone base station?

I have both models in use, and the keyset version is in use in a golf shop at two different country clubs and they use the cordless handset almost exclusively and have never reported a problem.

The other model, without the corded handset base station has also never reported problems, but their usage at these locations (2 and 3 handsets) is nowhere near the call level of how the golf shops use them. They have all been in place for over a year.

Is it safe to say that the same experience is not observed with internal calls?

3. it2pimp

I'm not so good at rreading this logs, but in this file at the top you see when the disconnect has taken place. Its looks like the user pushes the button to hangup the call but they are taking the call can hear the caller speak 2 words and disconnect has taken place.
    While the caller has been on the phone for at least 30 seconds or so because he runs thru the digital receptionist.

Problem occurs in 1 or 2 of 10 phone calls. Internal call I don't think there is a problem, but I'm not sure, they don't use as much internal calls, except for forwarding.

Attached Files:

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

On the gateway settings advanced for the patton, you might try and see Supports Reinvites and/or Supports Replaces helps any. Toggle the two and make calls using the possible settings and see if any success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.