Panasonic new SIP DECT system

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eagle2, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Panasonic recently released a SIP DECT system KX-UDS124 (cells) and KX-UDS111 and KX-UDS121 handsets.
    This solution should work seamlessly also with 3CX system and turns to be extremely valuable (upto 255 cells total, upto 32 in a AirSync group and total of 255 portable handsets).

The Panasonic SIP DECT system is certified with Broadcom and Asterisk solutions and is very similar in design or the same with other Panasonic SIP products like KX-UT series phones and KX-TGP standalone SIP DECT phones supported by 3CX PhoneSystem.

Does anybody have already experience / could provide some feedback ?

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. elytronic

Orlin,

any news on this? It seems this is one of the very few DECT systems that allow roaming and it also seems that it should work with 3CX.

Anybody here has done any tests with this system?

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

I have the DECT station in place, but still no DECT handsets.

The whole SIP registration is happening into the master DECT station, quite similar or same as other Panasonic SIP phones.
    I've tried registering a third party DECT handset and it is working fine, no handover or roaming, but this is due to DECT protocol, not to SIP.

I will provide feedback and screen-shots probably next week, when I have the whole system for testing.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. elytronic

Orlin,

any news on this?

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

The Panasonic SIP DECT system (KX-UDS124 + handsets KX-UDT111/121) are working fine.

You can have up to 128 cell stations (4-channel) and up to 255 handsets. All handsets register to 3CX via master cell-station (all SIP registration details are stored into the master cell station, configurable via web interface, the same or very similar menus to KX-TGP500), 3CX server see the registered headsets from the IP address of the master cell station, different ports (5061 and up).

All functions like hold, transfer (blind & attended), flash, redial, call park/retrieve, 3-party conference (by phone) or multiple-party conference, caller-ID, system phonebook (matching of names for incoming calls) are working fine. Behavior is exactly the same as the standalone SIP DECT – KX-TGP500.

The Panasonic DECT system is pretty standard, certified officially for standard SIP server (RFC 3261 and others), Digium Asterisk, Broadsoft. Probably this is the only available SIP DECT system on the market (I've tried before that NEC/Philips but did not achieved satisfactory results, plus very complicated setup, requiring standalone PC server).

Regards

6. elytronic

Orlin,

thank you for your report. Greatly appreciated.

7. AsishGeorge

Happy New Year!

Has anyone else had success using the UDS124 with 3CX. I'm hoping you can provide some guidance for me. I was able to successfully configure the Master CS and a Slave CS and register a PS with the Master CS. I was able to make calls from the PS with out any problem. However, the PS is not hoping from the Master CS to the Slave CS and there is no way to register the PS independently to the Slave CS. Have you encountered this and is there a solution? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

8. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

This is a problem of cell station configuration, not related to SIP registration or 3CX.
    Try redesigning cell station topology, may be different air sync groups, following admin guide of Panasonic.

I can confirm Panasonic KX-UDS124 multi-cell DECT system is working fine with 3CX and other PBXs (Asterisk, etc.) in all possible network topologies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.