Panic Button or Phone Off Hook Notification?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rob321, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob321

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the below is possible with this phone system and the best way to accomplish it.

A mapped button or moving the phone off hook to act as a silent notification to a group of phones. The thought is the user is in trouble and needs to silently notify someone of the issue. The recipient would see the caller id and know to check on that person. While the people in the calling room would not know anything was going on.

I know there are other ways to accomplish this but we would prefer to use the phone system.

Any and all responses appreciated. Thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Many ATA's, and some VoIp phones have a "hotline" feature, Failing that, an off-hook "speed-dial" number can usually be programmed in the sets internal dialplan, if the set has one.

I'm familiar with it's existence on the Linksys SPA series, but, I'm sure that there are a number of others.

Of course, implementing this feature, on a single line phone, means that it can no longer place any other outgoing calls. A button, along with a resistor (to simulate a set), connected to an ATA might work for you as well, if you have spare FXS ports.

3. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

try to visiti , cyberdata.com they have many device ...

4. tom_ch

http://www.voipsupply.com/cyberdata-voip-call-button

5. charlieboyt

Yes as the post before me said the CyberData Call Button, SIP Panic Button. I have used this, you can configure it to call a pre-programmed extension on the phone network. Pretty easy to set up, cat5e and POE. http://www.ientrysystems.co.uk/

6. jasit

jasit New Member

With the yealink phones, they have an option for using the buttons to access xml browser (basically a webserver that responds with xml pages. So if you program the button to include the extension that it's coming from, you could create a internal website that does email notifications which could include the location of the phone that triggered the emergency notification.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.