• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Pap2 Can't connect to login server

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlaine

Reaction score
I installed 3cx and created an extension.
My Pap2 is in a remote location (ouside LAN).
My Pap2 Line 1 is already used so I am configuring Line 2 for 3cx.

Extension setting:
Extension Number: 100
Disable External Calls: NOT checked

Pap2 settings:
Line Enable: yes
SIP Port: 5061
Proxy: my 3cx external address
Register: yes
REgister Expires: 600
Display Name: 100
User ID: 100
Password: password defined in 3cx
Use Auth ID: yes
Auth ID: 100

I always have the same error
Registration State: Can't connect to login server

There is no connection attempt in the Server Activity Log and Server Event Log
I ran an Network checker and everything passed

What am I missing?

vlaine said:
There is no connection attempt in the Server Activity Log and Server Event Log

Are you connecting to an IP address or a URL? Did you include the port of your server somewhere in the settings 5060 ?

If there is no sign in the 3CX log of an attempted registration, then it is either incorrect information in the PAP2 , so that it is unable to get to your server, or, there is a port forwarding/firewall issue at the 3CX end.

Do you have any other remote extensions? Have you tried registering a 3CX Windows phone, on a PC from the same location?

I am using the IP address.

In pap2 I set the port to 5061 because Line1 is using 5060.
In my 3cx, I specified port 5060. Is it a problem ?

The remote server is an OVH BHS server. It is not behind a router. The windows firewall of the remote server is configured properly.

I also tested with Groundwire and 3cx IPhone application and none of them could connect.

vlaine said:
In pap2 I set the port to 5061 because Line1 is using 5060.
In my 3cx, I specified port 5060. Is it a problem ?

There are ports involved at both ends. The ports assigned to the PAP2T device(s) 5060 and 5061, and the port that the PAP2T will use when communicating with 3CX (normally 5060 unless you changed it). It should not be necessary, but you can put the port after the proxy IP...143.243.32.65:5060

If you continue to have issues, post the Line page from your PAP2T, you can X out part of your Public IP.

I'm assuming that you left Outbound Proxy blank, and set "use outbound proxy" to NO

My first problem was that I blacklisted my IP while testing the IPhone application.
Now, GroundWire and 3cx Iphone application can connect.
But Pap2 is still unable to connect. Always the same error: Can't connect to login server

I tried so many tips I read here and there that I don't have ONE configuration file to send.
I would need to send you the x number of configuration I tested.

Anybody have a working Pap2 configuration to show me please.

I am so ashamed.
There was a typo in the IP address.
No wonder why it was not registering.
Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Basem Askar
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.