• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Parameters of windows client .exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steffen Maier

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to
a) use calling links like tel://phonenumber or tel://+49732412345678
b) use other programs to tell 3cx windows client to call a number
to be called on the deskphone (not in the softclient).

For using the links, I have already registered the tel:/// protocol in windows to be opened with 3cx, but nothing happens.
Which brings me to b), how can I call the 3CXWin8Phone.exe with a parameter like:
C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\3CXWin8Phone.exe "+497324945465456"

Thanks a lot,
Steffen Maier

Hello,

I suggest to try out 3CX ClickToCall plugin or "Copy number from Clipboard" Hotkey
under Settings > HotKeys > Copy number from Clipboard

Thanks for the idea, but that is not possible, because another software will trigger the call. And this software will only call an exe and give that one the phone number as a parameter. Thats the normal way of doing this I would say.

So is it officially not possilbe to hand over the phone number as a parametr?

Hello,
Follow this document it might help you with what you ask for.

Thanks, but could you please answear:
So is it official not possilbe to hand over the phone number as a parameter to the windows client?

The answer is yes, you can pass a phone number as a parameter to the windows client with the calltriggercmd.exe.

navigate to C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp and trigger the command below to make a call :

calltriggercmd.exe -cmd makecall:+497324945465456

Use calltriggercmd.exe --help for further options and the document I mentioned above.

Reactions: Markus Schröder
NetHelpDesk can display incoming call pop-ups, place outgoing calls, and display the call handling screen when a call is accepted in 3CX. The 3CX integration works via Notify from version 10 onwards. If you want to know more about this it's 3cx Integration guide. Hope it helps you out. Go2top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.