Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Park and forwarded calls CID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

Hello, We use call forwarding to cell phone, and separately, we use shared park a lot. 3CX v12.

1. I have my cell number entered in my extension, and my extension is set to forward calls if no answer after 10 seconds. This works, but it shows the company's main DID as CID on my cell. I'd like it to show the caller's CID, but I'm not sure where to start to accomplish this. Also would like the option of setting a custom CID based on rules ("if call is received from x05, send "THIS TEXT" as the CID).

2. When a call is originally received on our main DID, CID works great. When we park that call in a shared park slot, then another worker picks up the call, the CID shown to that 2nd worker is simply SP1, SP2, etc. How can I set the CID to persist for that inbound call, no matter where it's routed?

TIA.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I know this should work for forwarding calls to mobile (as long as your provider supports it, ie: VoIP).
    Select VOIP Provider, Outbound Parameters,
    From user part - select "OriginatorCallerID"

What phones are you using on your system? I am using Yealink and Grandstream both and Shared Park (SPx) continues to show the proper caller ID.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. engin411

engin411 New Member

I'm not at work at the moment, but look forward to trying your suggestions tomorrow.
    All phones are Yealink T46G.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I tested between yealink t46 and grandstream 2160 and shared park CID was working... The t46 is provisioned with default template...the 2160 is manually configured.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.