Park button - template or no template

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JMK, Mar 16, 2018.

1. JMK

JMK

My deployment is 50+ phones with 2 different Yealink models and it is desired for the Park buttons to say "PARK #" not "SP #". I created a custom template and it seems to work fine except now the Phones are listed in RED because they have a custom template. My initial thought was there was an issue with the template because it was red but as I look through this forum it became apparent the red color is just a 3cx choice to indicate custom template. The 3cx response is that custom templates are not the preferred method for customizing the phones and that with their enhancements to BLF, custom templates are typically not necessary.
    It's not my intent here to rehash the color red but to ask how else can I make the button say PARK# instead of SP# without touching every phone individually.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Changing the master template from the console. Legally I can say no more than that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JMK

JMK

I have to believe this is one of the most requested modifications for environments that make use of park functionality? The first thing everyone asks me is what is SP followed by why doesn't it just say PARK.

4. craigreilly

No one has asked me...
    The one thing I need is Multicast Listener.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. JMK

JMK

Looks like you got your Multicast wish.

6. craigreilly

#6 craigreilly, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018