Park dial codes do not work

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by muaddib32, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muaddib32

I can't get park dial codes to work on any phones including the 3CX phone. Nothing happens at all. When I look at the server activity log (in verbose mode) there is no activity relating to the dial codes at all. They are clearly not being processed by the 3CX phone system.

Other dial codes such as *61 (DND) work but in-call dial codes do not.

Any suggestions?

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

tel me what you dial to park a call?

*0NUMBER for Parking like to slot one *01
    *1Number for Unparking like back from the park before *11

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. muaddib32

That is correct. Doesn't work (two separate 3cx phone systems, one at my office, another at a client's)

4. paul1

Your phones may have an option to enable call features or disable call features. If the features are enabled at the phone the phone will not pass certain * codes to 3cx. Try disabling these features in the phone and see if 3cx responds appropriately.

This setting would normally be in the Account or Profile section of your phone.

5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Are you on the free edition or a paid version?

Are the SPA0, 1, 2 etc system extensions registered?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. muaddib32

I'm using the NFR licence the customer is using the paid version.

The SPA0-SPA9 system extensions are all registered. However, those extensions are for parking from the Assistant aren't they?

There are also two other system extensions *0 and *1 which are also registered

7. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I realize you were using the other parking codes but i was making sure all your services were running and you were licensed for them.

Some phones may not like those dial codes as they use them for other features but you said the 3cx phone also and on 2 different sites?

I will check it later when i get into the office, but in the meantime can you do a wireshark capture to see if the messages are getting to 3cx and pm it to me (or pm me for my email address).

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

"Park dial codes" are working as specified in "3CX Extension User Manual" (http://www.3cx.com/user-manual/) updated link
    Section "http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/dial-codes/)

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

...and on a Linksys ATA, it's...flash (get dialtone), *98 (dialtone), then *0X.

10. muaddib32

What's flash?

11. abc123

abc123 Active Member

For some older analog phones there is a FLASH button. It is a special button to park a call within the phone itself (though Leejor knows much more about this than me and will hopefully correct me if I am wrong) so it can make another call

12. muaddib32

Thanks, Stepan, for the link to the extension manual. I did see that when I first installed the system but had forgotten about it. Would it be possible to put this into a pdf (like has been done with the admin manual)? This would be much more useful. I could then have just done a search on dial codes within a single document to find what I needed.

Interesting, too, to note that you are the first to mention the need to press blind transfer first before the dial codes. Not even the staff at APAC support mentioned that. I raised a support ticket with them first about two weeks ago before posting on the forum.

13. muaddib32

Thanks also Mark/Leejor. I have set up a cordless handset using an ATA so that might be useful to know.

14. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not just older, most newer analogue and cordless sets have a flash button ("recall" in Europe) to allow for 3way calling (and access to other features) on residential (and business) PSTN lines. It is also used with most analogue PBX's to initiate a call transfer. Quickly depressing and releasing the hook-switch accomplishes the same thing, usually. If you are too slow, you can loose the call, that's why (when electronics allowed), they started putting the button on the phone.

15. muaddib32

I have just had a look at a couple of analog handsets and it seems that it is called RECALL here in Australia too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.